Sunday, July 31, 2011

How to Survive Med School Tip #28: Know How to Reward Yourself


Starbucks. One word comes in mind - coffee, a med student's daily dietary supplement wouldn't be complete without this. But besides having coffee, coffee shops can be a relaxing place to unwind for some of us (I meant for myself). Although I don't really drink coffee on a regular basis and maybe that's why I never finish reading a darn chapter in Anatomy, I go here when I need to reward myself after a hard day's "work", to take a moment and reflect on action potentials, carbohydrate metabolisms, hamstring muscles and of course, to relax :)

And what other way to pamper myself but to order their sweet waffle topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup - Chocolate Belgian Waffles ^_^



Image0030

Being someone who nearly has their life cycle broken down to an eat-study-read-sleep process (wait I forgot, there is no sleep, again, eat-study-read-read process) allows you to appreciate the simpler things in life - in my case, a piece of sweet bread and the company of a friend.

After more than a month of going to med school, you begin to finally realize that riding a public jeepney was more fun than driving/taking a cab, that eating street foods and having a laugh with friends is better than a 15-minute lunch in a resto and that sleep is way priceless than any other high profiled party or event you're invited to.

Mark 6:31

And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.


Related Posts with Thumbnails