Sunday, September 27, 2009

Skin Food Aloe BB Cream




I have read many good reviews regarding this product. And as many of us are, I 'm also on the oilier side of the planet. So, I decided to check this out for myself.

It says on threads that this is a very good BB cream especially for oily types. So, after double cleansing, I applied it on my face having a mild coverage as a make-up base. I personally think that the shade I got wasn't the correct tome for me since my skin appeared to be darker after a while since it has oxidized.

I should have gone with No. 1 (lighter shade) since it tends to become darker over time, it'll be blending with my color. I don't think this matches my skin type because it gets oily after 4-5 hours on my face even if I set it up with loose powder and a pact.

I'm thinking of buying the Mushroom BB cream in shade 1 after this. For now, have to put up with it..

I give it a 3.5 out of 5 for its oil control and 4 out of 5 for its smooth finish.



4 comments:

  1. i've only tried the gingko green version of this bb cream (no spf). i have to say, it's quite thick to put on and hard to blend. it also left a greyish cast on my face. so... despite having read a lot of good reviews on bb creams, i'm not impressed with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think the one you're referring to is the Gingko BB Cream from Skinfood which is totally different from this one which is the Aloe BB Cream.
    I haven't tried the Gingko though, but this one is really quite good for my oily skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good experience with this! I didn't enjoy the Mushroom Multicare I got in shade #2 because it made me look like I was wearing a white mask, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Liz,

    Yeah I know, Skinfood has a bit of a limitation when it comes to the shades. :) That's why I opted not to go for their BB creams since they tend to have too lite or too dark on me. Can't seem to find my perfect shade :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails